Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Bride's Bill of Rights

I've decided that as brides, you need a bill of rights so you can feel good about yourself and plan your wedding successfully. To do both, you have to be confident within and with your decisions. Sometimes it also means protecting yourself from outside pressures or inner anxiety. Having a guideline to refer back to can help you set good boundaries. Here are some important ones I came up with, but please feel free to add your own too. Let me know what you else should be on this list and I'll revise it with the additions and hopefully get it printed up as a keepsake and reminder for brides!  But for now, go ahead and print this one off and keep it somewhere you can read daily.
Bride's Bill of Rights
  • I have the right to be a happy bride.
  • I have the right to ask for help.
  • I have the right to say "no" if I'm feeling overwhelmed.
  • I have the right to make time to care for myself.
  • I have the right to work with professionals I like and feel comfortable with.
  • I have the right to share my wedding day details, hopes, and dreams only with those who support me.
  • I have the right to terminate a working relationship if it's not a good fit.
  • I have the right to make decisions without feeling guilty or pressured.
  • I have the right to stop worrying about things I cannot control.
  • I have the right to remove myself from family or friendship drama.
  • I have the right to laugh, cry, and express other emotions I might be feeling.
  • I have the right to set aside non-wedding related days.
  • I have the right to have a life outside of wedding planning.
  • I have the right to follow my own trends and make my wedding uniquely mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment